By Charles C. Moul
This brief guide collects essays on all elements of the movie by way of best specialists in political economic system, economics, accounting, finance, and advertising and marketing. as well as bringing the reader an up to date standpoint on what's recognized and what has been finished, it comprises either new findings on numerous issues and instructions for extra examine. issues contain estimation of theatrical and ancillary call for, profitability reports, the answer of obvious paradoxes in studio govt habit, the interplay of the and executive, the affects of the newest adjustments in accounting criteria, and the function and value of participation contracts. New effects contain findings at the real nature of the seasonality of theatrical call for, the predictive strength of surveys established upon trailers, the effect of the Academy Awards, the efectiveness of previous historical past measures to gauge solid participants and administrators, and the substitutability of flicks throughout varied genres.
Table of Contents
1. Critiquing Hollywood: the political economic system of movies Janet Wasko
2. movie creation within the electronic age: what can we learn about the previous and the long run S. Abraham Ravid
3. motion picture accounting Harold L. Vogel
4. Theatrical releases and the launching of movies Charles C. Moul and Steven M. Shugan
5. the movies exhibition enterprise: severe concerns, perform, and learn Jehoshua Eliashberg
6. earnings out of the image: study matters and profit assets past the North American field workplace Charles B. Weinberg.
Read Online or Download A Concise Handbook of Movie Industry Economics PDF
Best accounting books
This brief guide collects essays on all points of the movie by way of best gurus in political financial system, economics, accounting, finance, and advertising. as well as bringing the reader an up to date viewpoint on what's identified and what has been finished, it comprises either new findings on quite a few issues and instructions for added study.
The booklet lined the fundamentals. certainly geared to the fundamentals taxpayer
with no to elaborate of a go back. Taxpayers has to have a few notion
of what they should be aware of to be able to make the most of this ebook.
The totally revised and up-to-date variation of this textbook presents an available advent to accounting for college kids coming to the topic for the 1st time. It embraces the fundamental options and underlying theoretical recommendations in accounting and exhibits how those are utilized in quite a few conditions. The textual content is totally illustrated with labored examples, and offers pupil actions and finish of bankruptcy questions, a lot of that have been taken from significant accounting exam our bodies.
In diesem systematisch-umfassenden und sehr intestine verständlichen Standardwerk zum Bankcontrolling stehen alle Fragen im Vordergrund, die sich mit der Messung der Profitabilität des Bankgeschäfts und ihrer Risiken auseinandersetzen. Neben den Aufgaben und Instrumenten, der Einbindung in die Bankorganisation sowie dem dualen Steuerungsmodell werden hier die Wesensmerkmale des modernen Bankcontrollings sowie alle Aspekte einer entscheidungsorientierten Ergebniskalkulation des Bankgeschäfts ausführlich dargestellt.
- Bank and Shareholder Value: An Overview of Bank Valuation and Empirical Evidence on Shareholder Value for Banks
- Insolvenzrecht: Grundkurs für Wirtschaftswissenschaftler
- Liquidität am deutschen Kapitalmarkt : Erholungsfähigkeit der DAX-30-Titel
- Modeling and Forecasting Electricity Loads and Prices: A Statistical Approach
Additional info for A Concise Handbook of Movie Industry Economics
Xml CB784-Moul 0 521 84384 7 April 22, 2005 18:19 Film Production in the Digital Age There are economies of scale in production as well. A live performance for five thousand people does not cost much more than a live performance for four thousand people and, for recorded and broadcast performances, the marginal cost per customer is virtually zero. Because the marginal cost of production is low, top talent may not charge much more per ticket than less talented performers. Thus, viewers get a “bargain” – much greater talent for only slightly more money.
65–66). Much of the work in edited collections on the film industry more or less explicitly follows an industrial model (see Balio ; Kindem ). ” It indicated, first, how media beyond film have been integrated into previously exclusively cinema studies but also the recognition of the importance of economic and industry issues. The conference description read as follows: Topics for panels and papers might include media industry issues concerning production, distribution and exhibition, regulatory parameters, the relationship between technological change and industrial structure, international industry comparisons, institutional/industrial issues concerning independent, and alternative media and studies in political economy of the mass media.
7) For the most part, the emphasis of media economics is on microeconomic issues rather than macroanalysis and focuses primarily on producers and consumers in media markets. Typically, the concern is how media industries and companies can succeed, prosper, or move forward. Whereas competition may be assessed, little emphasis is placed on questions of ownership or the implications of concentrated ownership and control. Again, these approaches emphasize description (or “what is”) rather than critique (or “what ought to be”).
A Concise Handbook of Movie Industry Economics by Charles C. Moul